Aransa (or also officially called “Aranser”), is a small town in the Catalan Pyrenees located at 1,480m of altitude. It is located in the Cerdanya region and in the Baridà sub-region.
It belongs to the municipality of Lles de Cerdanya. You can enjoy extraordinary views of the Serra del Cadí (mountain range) and a unique mountain environment. We are located within the Plan of spaces of natural interest (PEIN) Tossa Plana – Puigpedrós.
Away from the crowds in Aransa you can enjoy a mountain environment with peaks such as Monturull, Setut, Tossa Plana or the lakes of La Pera. In the municipality you can visit neighboring towns such as Musa, Lles de Cerdanya, Viliella or Travesseres.
Our equidistant location from Puigcerdà and La Seu d’Urgell allows you to make breaks and discover both the region of La Cerdanya and Alt Urgell.
Activities for nature lovers.
Aransa is a paradise for mountain nature lovers. The activities available are varied depending on the time of year.
- Hiking (marked trails) of different levels and difficulties.
- Peaceful walks around the village, visits to fountains, rivers or neighbouring villages.
- Ascents to different summits in the area (Turó del Punçó, Monturull, Perafita, Tossal Bovinar, Pico de Setut, Tossa Plana, etc.).
- Excursions to different ponds in the area (lakes of La Pera, La Colilla, Muga) or points of interest such as the Mirador del Pla de Llet (panoramic view of the whole valley of La Cerdanya).
- Mountain bike routes (MTB) or trail-running outings.
- Winter activities: snowshoeing, cross-country skiing in the resorts of Aransa or Lles de Cerdanya or ski mountaineering. Alpine skiing in nearby resorts such as Masella or Molina.
- Mushroom foraging (boletus, red pine mushroom, golden chanterelles, or morels among many others).
- Photography of the nature and fauna of the Pyrenees.
- Fishing in rivers and lakes.
- Motorbike or off-road routes.
- Cultural visits to nearby churches, the Martinet and Montellà Bunkers Park or Rocaviva.